Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I buy from MinedStone.com?
Our wholesale pricing is visible for anyone to see so there is no guessing or price haggling. It doesn't get any easier than that. We want to be pioneers in transparency when it comes buying blocks, slabs, and tiles from the quarry.
Where are you located?
MinedStone.com is located in Los Angeles, CA. Our quarry is located in Durango, Mexico. We also have partners from all over including China and Turkey.
How are your quarry workers treated?
This is a very important question that isn't asked enough. Many distributors and wholesalers don't care where the product comes from as long as it's the cheapest cost and/or the best quality. We believe this is very unfortunate. Why should only the consumer care about ethics? If anything, it should be questioned at the very top because that's where the responsibility is the most important. At Durango we offer the utmost ethical working conditions for our workers.
1. We offer great facilities, which include a lunch hall and a medical office.
2. We offer a strict work to rest ratio.
3. We have cutting edge equipment which relies less on intensive physical labor and more on machine intensive labor. This also translates to the quality of our product.
4. We use diamond wire and diamond dust coated saws to cut our blocks allowing for less imperfections throughout the block itself. We do not use outdated methods like drills!
5. Our quarry has been operational for 15 years and is well developed.
6. We never use any explosives to clear the earths crust like TNT. Blasting away mountain crust so that other quarries can access the "sell-able" material without due effort causes immense degradation of end-product quality. It is more prone to injury and frankly, isn't good for the planet.
If you're a consumer, please ask your seller where they get their stones from? What kind of conditions they pose to their workers and to our planet? If they don't know, then that should raise a red flag. If you're a wholesaler or a distributor who get their blocks, slabs, and tiles from Durango? Then you can sleep well at night knowing that extra steps were taken to make sure that the utmost care was provided to quarry the stone for you.
7. What if I want to buy stone that you're not selling yet?
We have a lot of different types of stone available and will be including them onto our website in due time. In the mean time, if you're interested in purchasing something that isn't available yet. Please Contact Us using the form below.
7 Questions, that's it?
That's all we have for now. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us using the form below. Alternatively, For time sensitive requests, you may call and talk with our live person customer service or please leave a voice mail and we'll get back to you as soon as we can:
We're always happy to assist you.